The Jeffersonian: Politicks, Sports, and Culture

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I Have No Idea What's Going On

Seriously. Then again most of y'all probably knew that already.

I spent between 6 pm and 1 am yesterday drinking. After sleeping all that off I woke up this morning, opened up my e-mail and found out that Tom Delay is not only dropping out of the TX-22 race, he's also leaving Congress. Which is great news for that american experiment named Democracy. Although it does bring up a question- can the federal government actually resign?

Delay, statesman that he is/was, cites an ugly re-election bid. This coming from the queen of Republican, smash-mouth politics.

I have no idea what's going to happen regarding election law and I have fewer thoughts right now about how this affects Lampson's chances in CD-22. But let me just say this- contrary to what House Majority Leader John Boehner says Tom Delay has never served this nation, much less with integrity and honor.

Seeing as how he might be running in two elections now, it's probably a good time to donate to the sane, ethical candidate in this race- Nick Lampson.