The Jeffersonian: Politicks, Sports, and Culture

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Taxes Got You Down?

We're a little over two weeks away from the dreaded income tax filing deadline and there's a lot of people who, unlike me, haven't done their taxes yet. It can be a pretty stressful time, but never fear, we have an answer for you. Give Michael Kelley a call.

He'll help get you through this, plus your first hour of consultation is free! And you can't go wrong with free, right? Seriously though, give him a call and tell him you saw an ad for his services on this blog. I'm gonna keep up with the number of referrals he gets from The Jeff, so don't let me down.

Which segues perfectly into my next point- if you like this blog and you'd like to show your support for it, other than stopping by and reading me every day, directing potential advertisers over here is the best way to do it. I'm going to be a lot more active in trying to recruit local candidates and businesses to advertise here, but here's the gist of it.

It costs the advertiser 10 bucks a week, with discounts for a longer ad buy. Really, 10 bucks a week for a growing blog, read by opinionmakers, decisionmakers, and regular joes across the city and state, that's getting about 1,000+ page views/week right now. You can't beat it. If I get in one ad a week that'll pay for my high-speed internet connection (you ever tried blogging on dial-up?) every month. Now that would be great.

Remember all this as you go about your day.