Some articles for you to read over the next few days:
- The Express-News has a write-up on the Dem State Chair Race. I think UT Poli Sci professor Bruce Buchanon hits the nail on the head when he says that some candidates see this as a way of gaining political access rather than already having an extensive network built up and using their access to be successful.
- Ezra Klein links to an article on an interesting coal-to-oil plan. It's not a saving grace, but it could help.
- Matt Singer links to an article on Sherrod Brown and Ezra Klein's American Prospect piece (subscription required... or just try and find it at a bookstore) on blog strategy in Brown/Hackett and the future of political blog ideology.
- Matt Yglesias has a litany of links on Jacob Hacker and Paul Pierson's Off-Center book and how they're trying to apply their thesis to even more current events.
- Finally, Derek Chollet has a great post over at Democracy Arsenal, arguing why one can also draw parallels between Iraq and Bosnia, and not just Vietnam.