The Jeffersonian: Politicks, Sports, and Culture

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Trail Mix

More Earl Abel's memories. As Kuff said:

Jesus. First Little Hipps, now Earl Abel's? If Chris Madrid's, Hung Fong's, or the original Taco Cabana ever get threatened, I may have to lead an armed insurrection.

It's reassuring to know that as restaurant's like Earl Abel's and Little Hipps close down, more TGI Fridays, Chili's and Applebees go up. That's sarcasm right there. Now if you want to eat at a national chain I recommend Red Robin's. They had one near my first college and I fell in love with it, although they do need to build one closer to me than 1604 and 281. Now we just need a Ruby Tuesdays in SA.


The first reassuring thing to come out of the Kinky Friedman camp. He's for gay marriage:

He's for gay marriage because, he says, gays and lesbians should have the right to be "as miserable as everyone else."

Of course, that goodwill is immediately thrown down the tubes by his non-answer on abortion:

Ask Friedman, for example, about abortion, and he responds: "I'm not pro-life, and I'm not pro-choice. I'm pro-football."

Wonderful. So let's recap Friedman's positions: For gay marriage, who knows (maybe even who cares) on choice, no idea what tuition deregulation is, wants to create a 'special forces' immigration unit on the border, and wants to outlaw cat declawing in Texas. And I'm supposed to 'save myself' from voting in a primary so that I can sign a petition for Kinky why?


And finally, KBTX-TV out of Bryan/College Station just finished up showing the first part of Waco-based blogger Nate Nance's interview on what a blog is and its effect on YOU (Bryan/College Station gets that for sweeps, and we here in SA get a piece on stripping in strip malls). First a nice profile in Texas Monthly and now a tv interview, man that guy gets all the pub.