The Jeffersonian: Politicks, Sports, and Culture

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tiffani-Amber Thiessen: Married

The first crush of nearly every male of my generation has decided to go off and get married... without me. Yup that'd be Kelly Kapowski, er, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen. And while this is definitely newsworthy to a guy like me, does it really deserve to be way up at the top CNN?

Ah well, guess I'll just have to wait for Paris. Speaking of which, any of you seen this "I Want to be a Hilton" show? This reality show has quite possibly had some of the most stupid, unintentionally funny participants I have ever seen. Which is saying something for reality TV. There's a girl, Anne, who would randomly break out into song... and at all the wrong times at that. Yvette, another contestant and vegas showgirl, decided that blatantly lying to her teammmates (who called her on it each and every time) throughout the show was her best way to win. And yet, somehow three people from her team got kicked off before her.

It's almost enough to make you feel sorry for Kathy Hilton (or as I call her in my daydreams, mom). Almost. Anyways, nearly all of the stupid, funny ones have been kicked off so I don't know if the remainder of the episodes will be as funny as the first three. If not, hopefully we'll see another Paris cameo.