The Jeffersonian: Politicks, Sports, and Culture

Monday, April 11, 2005

The Week Ahead

We here at the jeffersonian took the past day and a half off to gather our thoughts about a possible career move. At the end of the day, I'm too much of a Texan to be leaving this state right now. Especially with the upcoming '06 midterm/statewide elections that will happen shortly. So for now we stay...

I also decided that we're going to be endorsing candidates for the upcoming municipal elections. We won't endorse in every race, and I've got a pretty good sense of who I will endorse, but if you are a candidate/campaign that would like for me to give you a (2nd) look, feel free to submit your case via e-mail at thejeffersonian at gmail dot com.

The Jeffersonian is also anxiously awaiting the results of the next SurveyUSA poll on the Mayor's race that is supposed to come out sometime early this week. That'll let us see what sort of traction Schubert has gained in the past month, if Castro can really run away with this thing on May 7th, and if Hardberger has made the case as a viable, outsider candidate.

Finally, we had our 1,000th visit at the jeffersonian this weekend, and I can honestly say that I am simply amazed at that. I had a long paragraph extolling the virtues of those who visit this site, but I think a simply "Thank You" will suffice. Thanks